What are dental Bridges ?
If you are missing one or more teeth, you may notice a difference in chewing and speaking. A good quality dental bridge can serve as a valuable solution. Not only will it help fulfill that smile again, they also help prevent serious issues from developing with tooth lost. The bridge can help your teeth from shifting and provide the support for a healthy jaw function.
Most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices that are cemented on existing teeth or implants and can only be removed by a dentist. These teeth, often called abutments serve as anchors for the bridge. A replacement tooth, called pontic, is attached to the crowns that cover the abutments.
Dental Bridges: what are the benefits?
Bridges will help:
- Restore the ability to properly speak and chew
- Reestablish your natural smile
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Prevent your teeth from moving out of position
- Distributing the forces of the bite properly
See more patient education videos
For more info, contact us today!